3.08.2010

SIMPLY THANKFUL...

These are the moments that I am simply thankful for.

I just got through reading the blog about Layla Grace and I can't help but savor all the little things now.  I can't imagine going through what her family is going through.  I don't know that I would handle a situation like that with such strength and grace like her family is.  They are literally sitting and waiting for their baby to be taken away from them forever. 

As I sit here and type, the tears are running down my face.  I am so thankful that I have a healthy little two year old.  A little girl to drive me absolutely batty sometimes.  One that just spilled a whole bottle of water on the couch or one that has gotten my camera and now I can't seem to find it anywhere.  I am simply thankful that everytime I go in the bathroom Wilkins says "brush teeth" and everytime I let her.  I don't know what I would do if I had to sit by her bed and just watch her to wither away.  I can't even imagine what it would be like to sit there day after day wishing it was all a nightmare and willing my little girl to live, knowing there is absolutely nothing I can do for her.  I wished I understood why things like this happen but I don't.  I know God has a plan for everyone but I don't know how you can take a baby away from their mother so soon.  We are suppose to go before our children.  We are the ones who have gotten to live our lives.  Layla is just a baby.  I only hope that she is not scared and that there is no pain.  I wished there was something that I could do but I know the only thing I can do is pray. 
And so that is what I will do and what I will ask everyone I know to do. 

 I will also learn from this.  I will learn to not sweat the small stuff.  When Wilkins starts pulling all her clothes out of her drawers or colors all over her little kitchen I will not make as big a deal out of it.  I will be thankful that I have her clothes to fold and put up again.  I will be thankful that I am cleaning the crayon marks off of her kitchen for the 3rd and 4th time because at least the crayon marks are being put on there every single day. 

I know this is a little bit of a sad post but at the same time it is a very eye opening one.  I am simply thankful that I have Wilkins.  I am simply thankful that me and my family have not had to endure something so painful, so scary, something that we do not understand. 

Please continue to pray for Layla Grace and her family

No comments:

Post a Comment