5.05.2010

Home Sweet Home....

...with lots and lots of water!!   I had seen the news while in Florida and had talked to a couple of people about how bad it was here but I guess I didn't really grasp how bad it really was.  IT'S BAD!  Flying over Nashville and looking down all you could see was water and more water with a rooftop here and there!!  I am glad that I wasn't home when all of this happened because I think I would have been a little on edge.

I can't tell you how lucky we are to have come home and not personally been affected by all of the flooding.  I can literally look out my back door to my neighbor's yard and realize just how lucky we were.  There is water all around us but it doesn't look to have touched our home.  The water is standing at least knee deep in my neighbor's yard and at least waist deep on the opposite side of the road...

Only 3 or 4 houses down water is up to the door of the people's camper...all I can say is thank goodness and take a big sigh of relief.  I will do what I can to help anyone else that has been affected by this because it so could have been me or my family. 

On a different note...I am super happy to be home!  Why is it that when you return from vacation you are so tired that you just want to sleep for hours?!  Makes no sense at all!  I dread tomorrow and Friday because I have mulitple suitcases to unpack, tons of clothes to wash, lots of pictures to go through, and worse I have to return to work on Saturday!!  I only work Saturday too because I guess my boss thought he would be nice and give me Mother's Day off...I really could care less about being off that day but oh well, I will take it!

And my little walking attitude of a daughter turned 2 while in Disney!  Can't say that it was a good birthday for her because she was absolutely miserable!  Bless her heart but at least everyone else celebrated her birthday for her!  She is super happy to be home in her own bed tonight...she is such a home body!  My fault, though I never intended on her being that big of a home body.  We walked in the house and she just ran right upstairs to her bedroom.  She likes familiarity I guess!  I swore I wouldn't take her on another vacation until she was like 6 or 7 but guess what...we are already planning our next trip to Disney!  I know we are nuts!!  But can you really get to much Disney World?! 

I will try to post more pictures on here tomorrow...

Nighty night for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment