7.07.2010

A fun day...swimming, McDonald's, and ice cream...


Today was my first day off in eight days and it was nice and relaxing...

Haley, LeAnne, and I took the kids to Carter and Edna's (Haley's in-laws) to go swimming.  They have a nice big pool with a slide and I really thought that Wilkins would be a little bit scared of it...NOT!  She stressed me out...she kept going up the steep stairs and down the slide with no help and no one to catch her.  She has no fear at all when it comes to the pool...yikes!  I, on the other hand, was completely stressed out each and every time she went up the steps...there is no hand rails on the side so I was afraid she would fall off the platform.  Then she started jumping off the side of the pool like Addy, Lucas, and Will.  I don't think she realizes that the floaties are the only things keeping her above water either so I am afraid she would just jump in without them...

After we went swimming, we headed to all kid's favorite place aka McDonald's to eat and let the kids play on the slides and stuff.  Really we were just tiring them out to make sure they took extra long naps!!!  I know...horrible, right?  Don't pretend that you don't do it if you have kids!  Of course, a hot day in the pool and McDonald's wouldn't be complete without ice cream!!  So we headed to Marble Slab...YUM YUM!!  Love me some ice cream on a hot day...unfortunately, there is so much to choose from that I just went with plain old chocolate.  It was super good and the kids had a blast.  What a fun day...

No comments:

Post a Comment