7.23.2011

More tears...

It has been a week or so since my last post and I am actually laying in my bed, posting from my phone cause I am too lazy to go get my laptop...pitiful, I know.
Anyway, LeAnne has officially moved and it taking a toll on all of us.  She left on Sunday afternoon (luckily I was at work but I still cried when mom called and told me) and it was pretty bad.  Lucas and Addy, who have been each others  best friend for their entire 5 years and were suppose to start kindergarten together, clung to each other in tears.  Lucas begging her not to go (here come my tears again as I type) while Addy just buried her head in his shoulders sobbing. Imagine two little kids, who doesn't understand in the first place...it breaks your heart.  So of course Mom, LeAnne, and Haley were all crying.  LeAnne said her and Addy cried all the way to Alabama.
Since I didn't get to see them before they left and Leanne likes for me to organize Addy's room I decided to take off down there Tuesday night after I got off work.  Mom, Wilkins, and Lucas went too.  We got there at 3am, got up at 930am, went to the way"barrel" for breakfast which ended up being hilarious.  There are 8 (3 adults & 5 kids) who order.  Will orders one over well egg with bacon (remember this it is important).  we all get our food except Will ...the server lets us know his food will be out in just a minute.  When she returns she brings one scrambled egg, sausage, and one pancake.  We promptly tell her we didn't order all that to which she responds with a wave of her hand and says "don't worry" and " I will be back in a minute with that over well egg." 
Keep in mind I am a manager at a different location...she then returns with two over medium eggs and a piece of turkey sausage and tells us just keep it...no big Deal!!  By this time I am dying...again she returns Finally with an over well egg and some bacon too which just busted out laughing!!  Too beat it all our ticket was right on the first time so I have no idea how many voids she created for the manager that day and I sure hope that none of my servers screw up that many times without hhaving a manager visit the table.  We were stuffed needless to say!!
We then headed back to Leanne's house where mom slept, the kids played, and Leanne and I worked.  We had some fun while we did it and then it was time to say goodbye again.  I am not sure why this is so hard on all of us but it is.  We hugged goodbye and the tears came again.  Lucas was sobbing begging Addy once again to go.  I was crying trying to explain to Lucas that she was coming next week.  Mom and Leanne were crying because it is like your heart being ripped out watching these kids cry like their best friend just died.  Addy hugs my neck as tight as she can and tears begin to form in her eyes.  It is heart breaking.
Addy called me this evening to tell me that she missed me and I broke down again.  She was just chatting away and I was crying.  I then talked to Leanne and was crying while her and I talked about the fact that our kids wouldn't be going to school together (we always thought Lucas, Addy, Wilkins, and Logan would all be in the same school). Lucas and Addy are only two years older than Wilkins and Logan.  I had to get off the phone with her to get a hold of myself then Addy calls me back to say..."Aunt B you weren't suppose to hang up cause I had something else to tell you.  I miss you and I love you."
At that point there was no holding back.  I told her the same and got off the phone cause I couldn't keep it together any longer.  I am in tears now just typing it...is this ever going to get easier?!  I am praying that things will happen to move my sister back to Tenn, five minutes down the road!!

2 comments:

  1. You are breaking my heart!!!!! I have no words of wisdom - life just doesn't seem fair sometimes. . .TRUSTING HE HAS A PLAN IN ALL THIS. . .but when I think of you all I want to cry too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy, you made me cry! I am sorry LeAnne had to move back to Alabama. Ya'lls kids have gotten so attached to each other and I know it's got to be hard on ya'll and the kiddos. We are thinking about ya'll!!
    Love- Katie

    ReplyDelete