1.04.2010

Another year gone and a new beginning...

Leaving behind 2009 means forgetting the bad and carrying the good memories with us.
At the start of 2009 Wilkins was in the hospital for a week with RSV hooked up to an IV giving her fluids.  That was probably one of the scariest times of this year and my life for that matter.  It was very hard to see my 6mth old baby girl like that but I know that everything happens for a reason. 

Their are 13 of us now and we are very close.  Every new trial or triumph only brings us closer and stronger.  We may argue, disagree, ignore one another at times but we also compliment, defend, and cheer one another on.  I don't think things would have turned out so well if it had not been for such a strong woman leading the way...our mother.  I don't know if there is a stronger individual out there.  Yes she has her moments when the tears come because the burdens she bears get heavy but she seems to always pull through.  Her and I agree and disagree on a number of things but I know how lucky I am to have her in mine and Wilkins' life.  Without her I could not raise my daughter the way I know is right.  Wilkins never has to go to a daycare or rarely stay anywhere other than with me or my mom and for that I am very grateful.  She has so many people who love her and treat her as if she were a part of their family. 


On her first birthday that was very evident...she got to go to Disney World.  Then when she got back she went to church with mom where she held the basket and got over $50.  She then had a birthday party where she got even more.  For her 1st birthday she got over $200 and a lot of love from our extended family and friends.  I feel truly blessed to have such wonderful people love my daughter the way they do. 

So I have wrote about a trial and a triumph from the year of 2009.  There were a lot more ups and downs but none of which make or break us. 

And although 2010 started off with a great day with the Middlebrooks Family Christmas it has already started out with a very sad start to...with the death of a close friend, Sis Faye Black.  Her death has come as such a shock to most of us.  We know that God has a plan and soon the pain will be lifted and replaced with comfort of all the memories we hold dear. 

So let this be a reminder to all you never know what tomorrow holds so make sure the people close to you know how much you love and appreciate them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment